Saturday, August 07, 2004

Bush Kills Salmon!!

"the civilized world will not be intimidated...by these evil fishies?"

"Bush Kills Salmon" are the words on a picket sign waved at one of many recent protests by Klamath Tribes against Bush's environmental policies.
-
The story and the picture that first caught my eye was on the somewhat radical website, Independent Media Center. The website and it's moniker says they're "independent", and even says that they can't stand Kerry any more than Bush...but best I can tell, it's merely because Kerry's not radical enough.
-
I couldn't help but notice the protesters are mad because there are supposedly much less salmon for them to catch, KILL, and eat. If I could talk to the sign bearer, I think I would ask him why his sign doesn't say Bush and I Both Kill Salmon!
-
Many seem to have become so vitriolic towards the POTUS, and are so fully at ease with tossing every possible variation of disparagement at him, that they don't even blink an eye when it's completely ridiculous or ironic.
-
I wonder if at least maybe full-on vegans would spot the hypocrisy? If so, would they betray their fellow Bush haters? Hmmm.....
-
OK, maybe that's not very fair of me...hang on while I Google for a Vegans for Bush site. (hum the Jeopardy theme before proceding) OK. Well, apparently this is the only site on all of Google that even mockingly contains the exact phrase, "Vegans for Bush", so I'm not convinced we can count on any of them to speak out, at least on this particular protestor's duplicity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home