Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Open letter to Michael Moore


I recent emailed Michael the following email. Just days afterwards, people from his organization have deluged me with literally DOZENS of icy stares and cold, drawn out silences. I expect very soon that even Michael himself may send me the same treatment...if he accidentally checks his inbox before his pixies filter/delete it. But enough about me...here's an email written by me:


Mr. Moore
I just want to thank you for taking time out of your obviously very busy schedule to personally read my email! Now, I know you've been straight forward and passionate about your not wanting to see President George W. Bush elected in November. Some even believe that pretty much everybody in the whole entire world, except for the GOP and the terrorists, want to see him kicked out! Hahahahahahaha!
Ohhhhh...but I digress. Here's the fo-shizzle: recently, I made a bet with a friend that I think only YOU can truly resolve!
(I already told her that I believe you're so down to earth, that you would in fact respond to this. I can only cross my fingers!)
-------------------------------------------
QUESTION:
If you had a 100% guarantee that President George W. Bush would be removed from the office of President by your simply saying something misleading and partially untrue about him, would you in fact do that?
(Also, just for sake of make believe, the assumption could be that your statement would be orchestrated well enough to not incur any legal consequences - for libel, etc. - on your part. In fact, we could pretend you would receive huge praise, acclaim and even lots of money. What the heck...why not throw in a free pony, since we're makin' wishes!)
SO.....WOULD YOU DO IT?
--------------------------------------------
By the way, this is not a trick question, i.e. - whatever you say, you're not screwed and won't have it twisted around to slam you. In fact, I don't think that there's a "right" or "wrong" answer, just one that's answered honestly or not. And only you would know for sure, if you did!
And if you don't simply give a semi-short yes or no reply with the briefest of qualification, well I gotta tell ya....I would be VERY disappointed, as it would hint to me that you could one day stoop as low as running for office. I guess I just want to continue picturing you as being above that.
By the way, I did see your movie. You are definitely very skilled at what you do. I assume you treat your dogs very well, too.
Sincerely,
(PShene)

The reference to him being "good to his dogs" is a playback to his recent answer to a "reporter's" question, can you say one good thing about Bush. He said he assumed he was kind to his pooches. As soon as he replies, I'll immediately post it here. Or my grandkids...or theirs...

1 Comments:

At August 23, 2004 at 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're an idiot, but i didn't think so at first

 

Post a Comment

<< Home