Friday, August 06, 2004

I think I saw somewhere that it's also cool to do "pop culture" references on your blog, and I don't want to not be cool, so here goes:
I've been laughing so hard for the last 15 minutes, I was literally grateful for the commercial so I wouldn't stroke out. If you want to laugh 'til your head hurts, get the DVD Kevin James - Sweat the Small Stuff (2001) - absafreakinlutely hilarious! (In case you didn't know, he plays Doug Heffernan on The King of Queens). I like every once in a while to watch stand up on Comedy Central, but most of it isn't even a little bit funny compared to this guy.

Wait a second, I just realized I probably quadrupled my chances of getting Googled by simply adding his name....so THAAAAAT'S why it's "cool" to have pop culture references in your blog. Got it.

Speaking of poop culture references....the 7th most watched movie in America right now is Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle. (Notice the lack of linkage?) Now, I admit some of the commercial clips do look a little funny. But after they gradually slipped in the "stoned out of their minds on the couch" scene into their TV trailer...that's when it occured to me that someday this movie will be only as highly revered and praised as Far Out Man, starring Cheech and Chong. Maybe even "Kumar" will be successful enough that he'll supplement his social security checks with a bong website that will then morph him into a total bullcrap hollywood, pseudo "political prisoner". But I don't really have an opinion about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home